Today the article is for the youngest of artistic swimming: the 12 and under!
This figure is a classic of this category and being compulsory we need to dominate it!
The goals are:
- Low speed (easy because it’s breathing).
- Vertical line, 90 degrees. Perpendicular to the surface.
- Stable rhythm (keep the same rhythm throughout the figure).
- Extension of the leg.
- Domain of the medium: “do not make so many waves”.
- Keep the body as close and parallel to the surface as possible.
Tips to achieve some of these goals:
- Retroversion of the hip (“the opposite of curving the lumbar”) This will allow you to go higher without changing the strength of the scull as you are better placed.
- Sculling under the gluteus.
- Pull your head away (as if you want to grow).
- Imagine that what you want is to draw a straight line perpendicular to the surface in the 1st part:
Imagine from the first moment that you want to touch that corner of the picture. You will see that the leg is much more stretched and also lighter to lift it: do not raise the leg, stretch it away!
Finally do not forget to breathe! Think that the more oxygen you give to your muscles the better they will perform, and for once we can breathe in a figure use it! If you observe, we hold the breath much more than we think!
I hope these tips will help you to improve you ballet leg, a big hug and see you next time!
Remember that Synkrolovers is your reference website in everything related to the world of synchronized swimming. In it you will find the latest news, and a multitude of tutorials, tips and tricks. And, if you need specialized artistic swimming products, do not hesitate to visit our store.
Synchro is hard, make it easy!
Share this article
Do you have a problem and do not know how to solve it? Tell us all your worries!